Walking outside with a Cat Stroller for the first time!
Prepare your cat for the first time outside in a pet cat stroller
Cats love going outside, they love the fresh air, the breeze, the sounds and smells.
Cats used to be vicious hunters, although our common little pussie cat won’t remind us of it at all…
Sadly, cats can’t always go out, especially if you live in an apartment or sky scraper and your cat can only watch from on top as the world passes by it.
Therefore, (as we have disgust in the last article) cat strollers can let your cat see and smell things when walking and let it enjoy the outdoor world again.
I think that it’s a new fun thing for cats to have outings in cat strollers.
If you have never gone outside with your cat before, then your cat might be scared of the first time going out.
Therefore, you might want to introduce your cat to the pet stroller and outdoor world in a slow manner, so that it wont fear it, but enjoy it.
Follow these tips and advice for your cat to feal safe in the cat stroller and get used to it.
Whenever you go outside, you have another chance to take your baby outside with you if you walk it in a pet stroller!
Jogging and walking is not only fun alone, walking can also be fun to do with your best friend!
How to Train your Cat to Like to Sit in your Pet Stroller
TIPS for the first outing with your cat or dog in the pet stroller:
- At first, try by gently placing your cat inside of the pet stroller and walking it around the house.
Make sure to close the pet stroller up just like it will be outside. If you want to give your cat the feal of the outdoor noise, then you can make sounds like: “brrum, bruumm..” as you walk with your cat in the house.
- Next, you can proceed after a day or two (depending on how long it will take your cat to get used to the pet stroller) to take your cat or dog for the first walk outside. Before doing this however, you must check to be sure that your cat is sitting quietly inside of your pet stroller.
- If your cat is not doing this, then this might mean that your cat has ADD (attention defesit disorder) or is simply bored.
- After this, you can finally proceed to take your cat outdoors in the pet stroller. If you live in a high appartement complex and need to use the lift, you can either carry your cat down stairs or lift in a kind of pet carrier or inside of your cat stroller.
- Once you go outside, your cat might get scared, because of all the sounds and smells and not want to go outside at all. Don’t mind this, because your cat will soon get used to it and like it! Just be slow with your cat, let it take it’s time, don’t force it and you will both be happy.
- Go outside a little bit at a time, not too much. For the first few times, walk only a bit with your cat, like around the block of buildings.
Fifteen minutes at a time for a walk for the first week should be enough.
- Depending on your cats reactions, you might want to spend more time outside (if she is quiet and happy); and a little less time to begin with (if she is scared and nerveous).
- If your cat gets used to the pet stroller, then you may soon be taking lonnnnnnng walks and jogs with your dear little furr ball!
To encourage your cat to like walks in the pet stroller, you can give your cat some tasty cat treats after your cat has been out for a walk in the pet stroller. You can also give her/ him many pets before and talk to her/ him if you want.
Just like with children, cats and dogs also get calmed down whenever scared by simply heaing there owners voice saying sooving words to them… If you are worried of what people might think of you if they hear you talking to a cat or dog on the street, then you might want to skip this part when outside.
More on Cat Strollers here: